New Legislation was introduced on Sunday 1 December 2019 whereby owners of a pool or spa are required to register it with their local council by 1 June 2020, and have their safety barrier inspected once every four years.
The application process to register your swimming pool varies within every municipality, and might feel like an unwanted extra job on your to-do list right now – so we want to help. We have compiled a City Council quick link list to assist you with gathering basic information around what you will need to do to ensure you comply, in time.
We are here to help –
Registering your pool/spa can take up to 28 days, therefor it is important if you haven’t already started the process, to do so now. If you would like to take the hassle out of achieving compliance, or are simply short on time, the team at Lateral Building Design can assist with this process. Our team of experts have long standing relationships with local councils, and can make registering your pool/spa a quick and simple process for you. Simpy contact us on 03 9729 4973 or send us an email to email@example.com and we can get the ball rolling for you.
What is the process?
- Under new Victorian regulations, all swimming pools and spas must be registered with local councils.
- You need to register your pool or spa before 1 June 2020.
- Once your pool or spa is registered, you’ll need to organise an inspection of your safety barrier.
- After the inspection, simply lodge your certificate with your local council via their website as centres are mostly closed, to show that your barrier is safe.
- Schedule a safety barrier inspection every 4 years to ensure it is still compliant.
Council Registration Fees –
Pool or spa type Registration fee
Permanent approx $79
Relocatable approx $31.84
Fees may vary depending on the Council.
Register your pool/spa –
Whitehorse – https://www.whitehorse.vic.gov.au/pools-and-spas
If your local council is not listed we are happy to help you find the information you need. For any enquiries on registering your swimming pool or spa, or your next building/development project, please contact Lateral Building Design on 03 9729 4973 or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and our team of experts will be happy to assist.
Follow us on our Socials to stay up to date with important industry information, design inspiration & more.